Graduation / Campout May 8 - 9, 2015
Post date: Jan 5, 2015 2:50:30 AM
Scouts’ Spring-Camp Out and Graduation for this year, is scheduled for 05/08/15.
This year, we have reserved youth sites 7 and 8 of the Youth Camp Ground at Blackwell Forest Preserve.
Please refer to the attached map for the location of these two sites. Campground entrance is from Mack Road (go North on Winfield, across Butterfield, then left on Mack).
Blackwell Forest Preserve map with our sites is attached to this.
Parents and scouts can sign up for both events (graduation and campout) or only the graduation.
Please RSVP by replying to this email.
Either Linnet or I, will have a list of scouts with us during next pack meeting, should anyone choose to update their RSVP in person.
- On Friday 05/08/15:
- 4:00 PM – Our campsite at Blackwell Forest Preserve opens
- 5:30 PM – Graduation starts
- 6:30 PM – Dinner at the campsite
- 7:30 PM – Graduation ceremony
- 10:00 PM – Non-campers have to leave the Forest Preserve
- On Saturday 05/09/15:
- Campers leave the grounds by 10:00 AM.
Forest Preserve’s General Rules and Guidlines:
All individuals not staying overnight must leave preserve by 10 p.m. Families are not permitted to camp overnight.
Ranger will meet with permit group sometime during their stay at the camp site.
Youth group campgrounds are designated for organized youth group tent camping only.
For a quality experience and your safety, please read the following:
- If you have a police or medical emergency call 911.
- Upon arrival, familiarize yourself with the preserve amenities (water, latrines and phone).
- Please keep all vehicles in designated parking area.
- Please keep portable radios/stereos audible in the immediate area only.
- Free standing signs may be posted – please remove them when you leave.
- Please dispose of all litter in garbage dumpsters and use recycling containers for aluminum, glass, plastic, tin and empty propane canisters.
- All rules and regulations of the Forest Preserve District must be observed.
- In an effort to help slow the spread of the emerald ash borer and protect DuPage County’s populations of ash trees, outside firewood is not allowed to be brought into the preserve.