About This Template
Looking for a Pack Website?
If you are looking for a Website for your Cub Scout Pack you probably found it. If you use this template, every page on this website will be available on your new website in a matter of minutes. You are welcome to try it for free and pay only if you use it for your Pack.
This template comes pre-loaded with hundreds of pages of Scout material that already apply to your Pack. Then consider the following extra's...
- Months of work is done for you. Launching this Website, with YOUR Pack identity, is reduced (from several months of my work) to several hours (of your work). Set-by-Step "Launch" instructions are included. I walk you through every task you need to get your new website up and running and fully customized for your Pack.
- As you complete the items in the "Launch Countdown" you will be amazed that a website, using free collaborative tools, is the perfect answer for every Pack in Scouting - not just yours.
- The instructions are easy to follow. All you need to do is follow them in order and your website will be ready to launch in days.
- As you get near the end of the instructions, I help you train your leaders to use the tools that come with it - tools that you setup in the Launch Instructions. The key is to train your leaders.
- This website can be handed off to new leaders (when you graduate to Boy Scouts) without missing a beat - all you need to do is set it up according to the instructions.
- This website is free to try. You are welcome to download it and set it up at no charge. Pay only if you use it for your Pack. As you go about getting it launched, you decide what it is worth based on your budget. I do not put a number on it - you do that.
- Seperate Den Pages and Den News Sections, Uniform Guidelines, Rank Advancement Trails, Rank Electives, Activity Badges, and the Academic and Sports Program are all outlined for quick searching and referencing by all members of your Pack. (Belt loop and pin worksheets are downloadable - which is cool).
- We included a section for recruiting new families (Scouting 101) into your Pack. The section introduces them to Scouting and helps them become informed and comfortable with the decision to join the Pack.
- Sections on the Pinewood Derby, Popcorn Sales, and Summer Camps are included. All you need to do is make edits that reflect how your Pack does it (in your neck of the woods) and link the sections in your navigation when it is time to start the campaign. Then, you just take the link down when it's over - ready to reuse again next year.
- Shared calendars and shared documents are integrated into the website seamlessly and part of the reason this website is special. We help you get everyone trained, organized, and working together with the tools that inform parents. Tools that appeal to new parents and help in your recruiting efforts.
- We show you how to create and store all of your documents, fliers, and other information for future leaders to easily access, tweak, and use for their future needs. You will eventually build a large archive of information (both new and old) accessible to the right people (now and into the future) who can use it. No more re-inventing the wheel every four or five years.
- The key to why this website so special is it's focus on training your leaders to use the new tools. You will setup the tools and then we help you train the leaders to use those tools. (If you intend to do all the work by yourself I prefer you consider a different website for your Pack. You don't get it.)
- We show you how to create online forms and then gather information from Parents - like signing up for events. You can even email the forms to them and they can fill it out in their email. Need to know who is coming to the camp out? Make a form, ask the right questions, post it to the website AND email it. They WILL let you know. Then we show you how to share the results, in real time, with your leaders.
There are more benefits. You'll see the rest of it when you start completing the tasks on the Launch Countdown page. Before you try this Template you should view the first item on the Launch Countdown page.
I hope you enjoy the website and I hope you find it as fun getting it launched as I did.
The Story Behind this Website Template
In March of 2010 I searched the Internet for a Cub Scout Website with the following six requirements...
- Free. Or as close to free as possible
- Simple to update - so I didn't have to do all the work
- Clean, sleek and appealing - yet informative and easy to keep relevant
- It had to help the Scouts (and parents) stay active and engaged in the program
- It had to help the leaders to work as a team - no more islands
- It had to outlast me (and the current leaders)
...I found absolutely nothing , and I looked pretty hard. For weeks.
So I decided to make a Website that did meet my requirements. At the time, I had no idea I would end up sharing it with other Packs (like I am doing now) and I had no idea people would email me (at a steady pace) and thank me for sharing my work.
Hopefully, as you look this Website over, you will agree that it probably meets most of your requirements. You are welcome to try it. And if you use it you are asked to make a donation to support this project and it's next release. Your donation will help Packs who have the same requirements as us but can't afford paying for a website.
Yours in Scouting,
Pack 742 | Dan Beard Council | US Grant District | Cincinnati, Ohio